top of page
  • Writer's pictureMeason & Ramsey Law

How to Change Your Name in Oklahoma

Updated: Feb 2, 2023

Looking to do a name change, but don’t know where to start? Let us guide you!

We have extended our free consultation through Dec 31. Get a free consultation of your case ($175 value).

Contact us today!

From Oklahoma.Gov: "Oklahoma law requires the holder of a Oklahoma drivers license or a Oklahoma identification card to notify the Department of Public Safety, in writing, within ten (10) days, of any change in their mailing address, residential address, county of residence, or name change.

If your current name is different from your identification documents you must show how the name was changed or is going to be changed.

Name change documents shall include:

  • Primary ID (Usually a State Certified Birth Certificate)

  • Divorce Decree

  • Adoption Decree

  • Name Change Decree, or

  • Establishment of Record of Birth, Pursuant to 63 OS., 1-315

  • Marriage License

  • For a common law marriage, "Affidavit of Common Law Marriage" containing the notarized signatures of the husband and wife. Both primary and secondary forms of identification must be submitted in addition to this affidavit."


Meason & Ramsey Law provides a professional experience for all our clients, helping them navigate their legal rights. Our focus is criminal law (felony and misdemeanors). We specialize in Criminal Law, Divorce and Family Law, Probate Law. We are currently accepting cases in Washington, Nowata and Osage counties. Meason & Ramsey Law has family lawyers, divorce lawyers, probate lawyers, criminal defense lawyers, DUI & DWI lawyers, co-counsel lawyers, family attorneys, divorce attorneys, probate attorneys, criminal defense attorneys, DUI & DWI attorneys and co-counsel attorneys. Marty Meason and Rodney D. Ramsey, Attorneys

Meason & Ramsey Law

515 Delaware Ave

Bartlesville, OK 74003


10 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page